19 July 2010

A Little Inspiration


I Love the Internet

Here are some pictures I found online in the past two weeks. I don't own the rights to any of them of course, but I like putting together these collage type posts. Pictures can really spark the imagination.

This is Eva Mendes in a gorgeous Dior dress and Cascada sunglasses. I think of her as sort of a Latina Marilyn Monroe for our generation. Stunning face, amazing body, and she really knows how to dress. She looks like a classic movie star. Imagine this picture in black and white, wouldn't you think it was from the '50s?

This is one of the most famous drag queens in the world, Lady Bunny. Pardon my french, but what a fierce bitch! Now, I don't recommend wearing as much makeup as a drag queen, but being a little more dramatic and out there is really fun.

Zooey Deschanel and M.Ward together are the band She & Him. Their albums, Volume 1 and Volume 2, are fantastic and put me in a great mood. Zooey is obviously a well known fashion icon but she is a talented actress and, surprisingly, a great musician. She actually wrote all of the songs on both albums which is very impressive. Beautiful girls who can back it up with talent are always OK with me.

This is possibly the photo I'm most excited to post. This is Debbie Harry of Blondie and Joan Jett of the Runaways backstage at a show in the '70s. Both are fashion icons in their own right, but their styles could not be more different. Debbie Harry is a flat-out gorgeous woman (she still looks great) and had a very vampy, feminine style in the '70s. Joan Jett, meanwhile, is also a gorgeous woman but is known for her offbeat, tomboy style. She took on the role of a male rockstar while still maintaining her femininity. This rare moment that captured the two powerhouses together is exciting to see.

I did a post a while ago about shopping ideas and stated that I want a striped shirt like this one. Rachel Bilson looks cute, casual and chic. It's really an effortless look. I'm still searching!

I just like this picture. A young Marlon Brando hamming it up for the camera. What a gorgeous man.

This is an actress named Tuesday Weld. She's famous for being a very beautiful teenage girl in the '60s and not much else. I like doing my eye makeup like this and her hair is so classic '60s. Adorable.

This is Madonna in the '80s. Yes, she looks completely different than her present face but I put this up to say: could Lady Gaga look more like Madonna's first face? I mean COME ON.

Okay, a little explanation here. Some unknown designer sent the models at his latest runway show down the catwalk with bald heads and wispy beards. I have something to say about this. There is such a thing as being quirky in a creative way that comes naturally, and there's such a thing as making your models look insane so that an unknown designer can get in the press. Which do you think this is? Mhmm.

And finally, who wants to buy me these shoes? I NEED them. They are things of beauty.

Thus concludes my internet pic roundup. Hope I gave you some inspiration! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment