16 May 2010

I Shop Alot


Recent Purchases: Clothes and Makeup Haul

Here are some of my newly bought items. I fell in love with each and I want to share them!
First up is a beautiful dress from Target, it was about $20.

That blue is one of my favorite colors to wear. The photograph doesn't fully show the detail, but there is a ruffle diagonally across the chest and a belted waist. I always gravitate toward belted waists because my waist is tiny. It's a really nice sundress that can be easily dressed up.

Yes, that is a romper. I know, I know, I mocked them mercilessly for months, but I tried this one on and fell in love. It was at Rue21 for $15 and I loved the pattern, so I decided to try it on. It's actually surprisingly flattering. The top is very structured, which is important for me because I have a larger chest, and it's not too short. I have black sandals (see my summer sandals post) that will look fantastic with it.
These shorts are what I'm most excited about. They were a STEAL at $20 considering that they're from Ann Taylor Loft. They're navy blue and high-waisted, with small front pleats that are cute and flattering. It's more like a skirt than shorts, and I'll pair it with a tucked-in t-shirt to show off the high belted waist.
Now for makeup! I am a huge makeup geek and I watch makeup tutorials on youtube constantly. These palettes are from Wet 'n Wild, they're called Ultimate Expressions, and they were 50% off so I only paid $2.50 for each! That's 16 different shadows for five dollars! And they're really good shadows. They're highly pigmented and have a great sheen without having any actual glitter. I cannot stand chunky glitter in shadows. The palette on the left is called Sand Castle and the right is called Fantasy Island. There are other palettes and I would recommend all of them! I got mine at CVS.
NAIL POLISH! Starting from top left and going clockwise, Wet 'n Wild nail polish in Blazed is the one I'm wearing right now, as you can see in the second picture. I like the color because it's actually a coral color. Usually you buy "coral" nail polish and it's straight orange. The next is Milani polish in Pink Hottie, which I am totally obsessed with. It's the perfect hot pink. Next is from Sally Hansen (I LOVE the Xtreme Wear Line) in Mellow Yellow. It's just a great sunny yellow. I was very disappointed in the tiny green one from Sally Girl. It doesn't show up mint green as I had hoped, instead it's sort of a glow in the dark yellow green color. Not cute. And finally we have Orly nail polish in Charged Up. Kind of a weird name. It's a nice purple but I prefer my OPI purple. This one is not very dark, but I got it for that reason. Better for spring.

This is my recent haul! I hope you enjoyed it, I promise that my next post will be on my summer heels! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment