04 May 2010

Thrifting

The Salvation Army is My Friend
I made a quick stop at The Salvation Army in Portage today. I was actually looking for some men's Levi's to cut down into shorts, but that didn't work out. I drifted around aimlessly for a while, looking at furniture because I'll soon be moving out of my house, and of course landed in the dress section. Man they have ugly wedding dresses there. Some of the worst I've ever seen. I found a little blue Calvin Klein tunic, nothing special, it's missing a button but I'm gonna wear it unbuttoned with a black tank top and black leggings. It has a tie on it to emphasize the waist. I kept looking, and there, in between a hot pink lace dress in a size 16 (shudder) and some flowery house dress thing, is the $2.50 dress I'm gonna post up.
I'm gonna say it was made in the 70
s, a pale pink color knee length dress with a high collar and a belted waist. I was shocked at how on-trend it is. No shoulder pads or bell sleeves. There are cloth rose-buds on the collar and it has little poof sleeves. I'm in love with it. It's completely sheer so I bought a Salvation Army slip, and there is a small stain that quickly came out with shampoo and a clean washcloth. I thank my Aunt Sally, an antique dealer, for that one. I have two graduations to go to this weekend, and with my nude wedges, the dress is perfect.
Some people hate digging through clothes to find something you like, but remember, you may stumble upon something amazing. Picture of the dress and the shoes I'll wear with it, and the blue tunic included. And yes, I'm wearing a tie-dye shirt, I'm at home don't hate.


No comments:

Post a Comment